Just a little reminder that your support of Emily’s Path truly makes a difference in the lives of children. In the past several months, with your help, we have:
- contributed $7,500 toward a new playground at Rib Mountain Elementary School, which increased safety and accessibility for children with disabilities. Dale and Jennifer Eaton were honored to be invited to a school assembly celebrating the opening of the new playground, during which the children read aloud Emily’s poem, I am Compassionate and Caring. It was truly touching.
- contributed $3,500 to Marathon County Child Development Head Start to furnish and decorate their therapy room for counseling children with special needs (furnishings on order – more pictures to come!)
- helped cover the expense of installing a fence for the family of a child with autism who has a tendency to wander
- gave $100 to Briq’s Soft Serve and told them to buy ice cream for all of the children who stopped by, until the funds were gone
- purchased school supplies for a child with special needs whose family was facing economic challenges
- purchased supplies for St. Matthew’s CCD students to make blankets for donation to the Wausau Warming Shelter for the homeless and the Women’s Community
- purchased an adaptive tricycle for a child with disabilities
These are just a few examples of the kids YOU have helped through your support of Emily’s Path. Thank you to everyone who makes it possible for us to carry forward Emily’s spirit of giving and caring for others.